Including the cities of Maysville, Peebles, Logan, Vanceburg, West
Union, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Waverly, Piketon, Tollesboro,
Wheelersburg, and Mount Olivet
210 PM EST Thu Mar 2 2023
FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM EST FRIDAY THROUGH LATE FRIDAY
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE...Portions of Kentucky and Ohio, including the following counties, in Kentucky, Lewis, Mason and Robertson. In Ohio, Adams, Hocking, Pike, Ross and Scioto.
* WHEN...From 1 AM EST Friday through late Friday night.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Area creeks and streams are running high and could flood with more heavy rain.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Moderate to heavy rain will overspread the area late tonight and persist through Friday. Rainfall totals of 1 to 3 inches are forecast with locally higher amounts possible.
People in the watch area should keep an eye on the weather and be prepared for immediate action should heavy rains and flooding occur or a Flash Flood Warning be issued. Avoid low-lying areas and be
careful when approaching highway dips and underpasses.